Monday, January 14, 2008

New Shoes

I think....I think I'm in a slightly unstable period in my life.

I'm not settling down any time soon, so everything is possible and impossible at the same time. I can do what ever I want and yet nothing that I want. Does that make sense?

Hmm...let me rephrase. Or explain. Or whatever.

This is just one of those transition periods. The first year of high school was a transition year. The first year of college was a transition year. Each year I spent sad and uncomfortable, until my new shoes finally formed to my feet, and I wore them until they fell apart. Once I get comfortable, I'm so comfortable I don't want to leave until I have to (for those who didn't get the shoe metaphor).

Thus, what I'm trying to say is that I'm in the process of breaking in my new shoes. I'm in the process of carving my newest niche. God knows this year is not quite as bad as some of those previous ones, a few of which I spent utterly miserable. I'm hoping that means that the shoes, once broken in, will be the most comfortable yet, because I had a head start on breaking them in. I guess. My logic is twisted, I know...if you could call it logic...

So here's to new shoes, to breaking in new shoes, and to old shoes that are great to drag out of the closet every now and again.

1 comment:

mandalyn13 said...

Good metaphor. Thanks for helping me find shoes that fit, and listening to me cry when my old shoes fell apart. Ha. Too much metaphor. Anyway, I get what you mean. And I am excited to watch you grow and figure it out and share it. And I love you.