Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Itch

Every year, I go through this thing.

Toward the end of winter, I am absolutely dying for warmer weather. I end up writing down all the the things I miss about summer and spring, and until it gets here, I'm just sort of itching for it.

To name a few of the things that are ALWAYS on the list: flip flops, cold beer (it just tastes better when it's warm outside) , skirts, watermelon, blueberries, mild sunburn, summer blockbusters, late-night ice-cream runs, air-headed-but-catchy summer pop-songs, sunscreen, sleeping with the windows open, and playing in water (water guns especially).

So right now, when it's freezing early in the morning and at night but gorgeously warm all afternoon, I feel like we're standing on the edge of spring but not quite there yet. I'm like a hyper puppy on a leash that KNOWS it'll be able to get out of the car and run soon, but we're still five minutes from the dog park. I'm excited and it just can't seem to get here fast enough.

COME ON SPRING!!!! HURRY UP ALREADY, DAMNIT!

No comments: